header

header

Sunday, February 6, 2011

In it For the Long Haul

Woke up this morning, tired, weary, another night of not sleeping well.  Missing my "old life" the one before BC, started off the morning kind of weepy. Did not want to go to church this morning, just tired, achy, but felt the Lord's prompting to get going. (most of the time I don't want to go to church is the time I should be there) Thought while we were driving....I had faith for the initial "crisis" of diagnosis, surgery...now we are in for the long haul....dealing with long term effects of treatment on a day to day basis. Can I still see the Lord's purposes in all of this? Finding it harder and harder as my body refuses to cooperate...sleep so elusive, joints feeling older than they should. No quick end in sight.
One of my favorite Psalms (Psalm 121) was read during worship. One that has given me much comfort and was such a help to hear it read again. The title of the sermon..."Strong to the End"... teaching on how to find strength for the journey that can be tiresome and weary. Lots of good points but for me, the come away was that for this journey I need to remember the character of God and his promises. He has not abandon me...I am not alone...he is there for me to call on any time of the day or night...he never slumbers or sleeps

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip, he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed he who watches over Israel will nether slumber or sleep.
The Lord watches over you, the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

No comments: