header

header

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Lone Cypress

This is a picture of a cypress tree located in Pebble Beach, California. They say the tree is 250 years old. I remember when I first saw it, I was fascinated by it. The tree sits out on a point exposed to all the elements, no protection. Think of the winds and storms that have battered this poor tree and yet here it stands, still green, still growing...alive. The roots have had to be deep for this tree to survive all the pounding through the years, yet here it stands, green....alive. When I first saw the tree, I felt it had a spiritual connection and looking at it again reminded me. We sould be like this tree, with our roots down deep, so when the storms of life come, and they will come, we can stand firm like this tree, green, growing...alive.

No comments: