header

header

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

God at Work


Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  James 1:2-3

We are in the midst of a family emergency, spirit is anxious, many things to do, going in several different directions. Sat down to quiet my spirit this morning and this is where God led me.

Stopped me in my tracks, looked at what is going on from a spiritual perspective, this is God at work again, consider this joy, he is working to develop my faith, to make me mature and complete. But there is more

If anyone lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  James 1:4

Wisdom is probably our most pressing need right now, God has promised to give it to us...all we need to do is ask.

O Lord you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my way. 
Psalm 139:1-3

3 comments:

no spring chicken said...

I'm so thankful to trust my loving God. Your scriptures are full of His beautiful promises. I'm adding you to my prayer sheet...

Blessings, Debbie

no spring chicken said...

I just offered up a prayer for you. The body of Christ is joined together by Him whom we serve. I am honored to be able to pray for your needs...

God is so good. Our trials matter to him and he does perceive our thoughts from afar, he hems us in behind and before.

Blessings, Debbie

Trisha said...

I've missed visiting you here. It sounds like you have some big changes going on. Praying for God's peace! Love and hugs!