header

header

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Time for a Change


I have been thinking about this for awhile. Resisted it, but the time has come to change the profile picture. I remember all too well the day this picture was taken. I had been recently diagnosised with breast cancer and was in the midst of testing, decisions.

We had decided to go out for the day to one of our favorite places to visit. Get some needed distraction from all the cancer stuff. It was a gorgeous day, but one that was filled with tears and concern over the future. I remember sitting on a bench crying just prior to this photo being shot. I think about that day every time I see this picture.

I  already have reminders of the cancer, the scars I see everyday, the daily dose of Arimidex and all the side effects that goes along with it, the doctor appointmets that will continue to be part of my "new normal"  I didn't need to see this picture each time I opened up the blog, so off it goes! A small thing perhaps, but it helps me move forward.

"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance"  Psalm 16:5-6

3 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

This small change sounds like a good one to me especially now that so many of the burdens and concerns you were carrying are now behind you. The photo on your side bar with the cute hat and sunglasses is adorable! :)

Kristin Bridgman said...

Thank you so much for coming by my place.
I love that song, It Is Well With My Soul!
It's so nice to meet you!
Kristin

Trisha said...

Dear Maryann,
Oh, my heart just aches for you. Words seem so inadequate...

I do love your new picture, and it's wonderful to see your face!!

Yes, even in the midst, or perhaps we should say, especially in the midst of such a fiery trial, the lines have fallen for you in pleasant places.

Thank you for being such a blessing to me!