header

header

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Work in Progress




This week has been full of ups and downs. Sunday was great, good message at church, annual picnic afterward...perfect weather! My youngest son called later to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. He didn't realize he was a week early, we had to chuckle over that one, it still makes me smile thinking about it, made my whole day.

We found out about a week ago this son will be going to school a little closer to home this fall. We are thrilled, it will be nice to have him four hours away instead of eleven.

Our garden is taking shape slowly but surely. We were able to plant some flowers yesterday before the rains came.

 So what's the down side of things this week....it's an attitude...mine. Focusing too much on limitations instead of blessings. Giving God my burdens one day then picking them right back up the next. Saying God is in control, then getting frustrated when I am not able to do the things I want to do.

So I surrender once again, leaving my burdens at his feet, trusting that I am right where God wants me to be and that his purposes will be fulfilled in my life. (in spite of my perceived limitations)

"Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace in our time of need"  Hebrews 4:16

2 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

LOL on son calling early...but he called. What a blessing to have him closer, all of mine have gone to school in town, they just moved into their own apartments, and life is so busy I don't see them as much as I wish...which I am sure would always be the case.

You are having a week like mine...I seem to be going around the mountain again. Prayer at church last night and going to courthouse for city National Pray Day today, well it has lifted my spirits.

Blessings as you see God's continued hand and may the sunshine lift your spirits also...now I need to go get my little one...he found a frog. LOL

Kim said...

I am so glad I stopped by and read this post. What an encouragement! I loved the reminder about laying the burdens at His feet and leaving them there. Blessings on your Mother's day!

Ps Love reading about your garden. My hubby is a landscaper and our together hobby is gardening. Our temps have been way to cold to even think about gardening yet...but today it hit the 70's...so we are on our way!