header

header

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Food For The Soul

I got this little IPod a couple of years ago for my birthday and have been attached to it ever since. A little daunting at first,  I had to figure out how to use it, how to use iTunes, load programs on to the IPod,  ridiculous I know but I can be technically challenged when it comes to things like that. My son would patiently walk me through the process, again and again until I was finally able to do it on my own. Browsing through iTunes was enjoyable, I knew you could download music but really had no idea that there were podcasts available to download... and they were free. I found some of my favorite teachers/pastors. I could listen to sermons, teaching series on books of the bible, daily devotionals or current event programs that report from a christian perspective. (and yes I did end up putting some music on it as well) I use it when I walk, work out, travel or as I  get chores done around the house. The last several months this little device has been invaluable and such a blessing. There have been many a sleepless night spent listening to Charles Stanley, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Chuck Swindoll etc. The time recovering from surgery or in waiting rooms, these were all times I would use to feed my soul listening to my IPod. I have more podcasts loaded on my IPod than I will ever listen to, and some update every day, it's quite a table to feast at. I don't have any set listening plan but more times than not I will hear something that will minister to my soul, at just the right time, God's timing always perfect. Newest find..Coral Ridge Presbyterian, with Tullian Tchividjian. Recommended by a friend and it has become my new favorite. I listened to a series on "Thirsting for God"(a study on Psalm 63)  Again just what I needed to hear at just the right time.

"On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I will sing to you in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me" Psalm 63:6-8

No comments: