header

header

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring

It's official.....today is the first day of Spring. Feeling better than I have in days. Decided to hang out at the house instead of going to church with husband. Energy level is still pretty low, not worth pushing it. I am at the point where I am content with where God has me right now, it is not one of running and doing but of resting and listening. IPod and bible in hand, I made good use of my morning.

Still receiving quite a bit of help from ladies in my church, and that can be hard at times, but a friend reminded me today that we all have different "giftings" Some people have the "gift" of "helps", those with this "gift" find joy in lightening the burdens and meeting the needs of others. What does this look like in my life? Meals being brought over, laundry being done. A call to see how I am doing, then stopping at the store to pick up some saltines when I was too sick to keep anything down and  driving me to appointments. I would much rather be the one helping instead of receiving, my natural response is to resist any more help....I am fine.... really!(of course still have lifting restrictions, can't drive and even showering can be a major event, that requires a nap) she reminded me that by resisting help I am not allowing people to use their gifts,  (thanks friend, I needed that reminder). More letting go....this is a season, I do not believe it will last forever, and there has been so much gained.


No comments: