header

header

Monday, April 18, 2011

Battleground of The Mind



Responding in love when it's hard, if this sounds like a familiar post it's because it is a battle I am continuing to have. This is how the routine usually works, a comment will be made, my feelings will get hurt...then I will get mad..then I will "stew" about it a bit...finally...I will take the matter to prayer...the Lord will convict me...give me clarity...I will repent..then get peace. Until the next time...then the cycle starts all over again...it's exhausting. I know what my responses should be, but head knowledge one thing living out what you believe another. My responses not honoring to the Lord.

Part of our sermon yesterday addressed could not have been more timely...(we are still in the book of Jonah) Remember God loves these people,(the ones we have a hard time responding to in love) he has compassion for them, I needed God's eyes. Questions we were to ask God (this taken right from our sermon)
  1. God how do you see this person?
  2. Will you help me see this person the way you see them?
  3. Will you give me the eyes to see past the veneer to the brokenness inside?
  4. Will you give me your heart for those around me?
Needed to hear this, I had been "nursing" some hurt feelings...it was all about me...not real helpful. Heart has not been in the right place, I need a change. The Lord will be faithful to help me though this, its going to be about daily dying to self, so I can see the bigger picture. Praying that the Lord will continue to let me see others thru his eyes, look beneath the veneer, and that he would give me a heart of compassion for the lost around me. Direct my responses, show me how to best love.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven"  Matthew 5:14-16

2 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Good post...I too seem to go through that cycle, and keep thinking I need to learn, or mature more. Well I just need more of Him!

We have just finished a study through Habakkuk and God has spoken to me so much through that study. I love how God speaks to us.

I am so glad you looked up the scriptures on them singing. I have never seen them before and they just jumped from the pages this year...so I started to research. It was like I received a new nugget of truth...isn't His word alive?

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter...He Has Risen!

Kim said...

Your struggles are my struggles. I, too, often pray "Lord help me to love 'em like you do!"
Thanks for an inspiring blog post!