header

header

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

He Directs my Steps


The last two days have been beautiful, weather beginning to warm up and there is signs of life everywhere. We decided after church we would head out to Botanical Gardens, it's a great place to spend an afternoon. We walked about an hour, there were benches throughout the garden, places to sit and enjoy the view. Camila garden was beautiful, azaleas just starting to flower, should be a gorgeous show in another week or two. I am blessed to have a husband who enjoys the gardens as much as I do, we are already planning our return visit.

Work yesterday....I made it. I prayed for grace that morning...Lord just give me the grace I need to get through the day. Much different Monday than last week. A  plant with little yellow flowers waiting for me on my desk, ready to plant in my garden.(a gift from a friend) I received encouragement and offers of assist from my coworkers, it was a much calmer atmosphere. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers. I worked about five hours, then decided it was time to go. Praying that the Lord will continue to direct me in this transition.

My continuing to work is a subject my husband and I have talked about. I decreased my time to twenty hours a week when I went back to work in December. I now only work three days a week. We really haven't been able to determine how this new schedule is working for us (there was the holidays, vacation, then out again for surgery) so we don't feel like we should make any decisions right now. My husband and I  will revisit this subject in a couple of months...we need to see how the current changes work first... and our lives may be changing again. Praying  the Lord will continue to direct our steps.

"O Lord you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in, behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me."  Psalm 139: 1-5

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Maryann,
I'm so glad you were welcomed back at work with such a calmer atmosphere. God's provision for you brought tears to my eyes! Growing up in VA, I used to go to the Botanical Gardens there and always enjoyed it but I know I would appreciate it much more now. The picture is lovely!