header

header

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A New Tempest Brewing


Life has been pretty stormy for us the last several months... but the seas were starting to calm, I could feel the warmth of the sun on my back, I was looking forward to some smooth sailing. I saw some storm clouds on the horizon, but they seemed distant, no cause for immediate concern.

I didn't see it coming, no time to prepare or batten down the hatches. A new storm, the winds already rocking my boat quite a bit. Helpless to do anything, as I watch it develop, strengthen. Weary from the storm we had already been sailing through...still physically weak, emotionally fragile (more meltdowns) Do I have the strength for this...the answer is no I don't but he does.

"But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"  2Corinthians12:9

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; then will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint"
Isaiah 40: 29-31

Not sure what the days ahead will bring, but these are  promises I am going to cling to.

No comments: