header

header

Monday, April 25, 2011

Looking Forward to What's Ahead


This scripture was part of my bible reading this morning and was quite encouraging.

"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green."  Psalm 92: 12-14

Isn't this great news? According to scripture the righteous will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green. For someone in their "middle years " (that would be me)  there is more to look forward to. No retirement in God's army, just different assignments, more opportunities ahead.

2 comments:

Kim said...

What an encouraging verse and beautiful pic! Thanks for sharing!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes I am holding onto that word...fruit in my old age...I know He isn't finished with me yet.