header

header

Friday, April 15, 2011

I Think We Might Be There


I feel like I am returning from a faraway place...like I've been gone for awhile...but life is beginning to look a little familiar again...routines starting to fall in place.

Work went well this week, I will probably resume my normal hours next week, gonna miss that afternoon nap. The weather has been nice, I was able to get outside and do a little gardening (I transplanted seedlings into bigger pots, does that count as gardening?)

Appointments took the better part of my day yesterday. First was the plastic surgeon...this was the appointment I had been waiting for...I am now able to do what ever I want, no more restrictions (first thing I did when I went home was pull some weeds in the garden, it felt wonderful) There will be continued followups...forever?..if so just add him to the list. Compassionate guy, on my first followup appointment after my mastectomy he called the lab to find out if my pathology report was in, had it faxed, then gave me a copy. (I didn't expect to find out anything till I saw the surgeon the following week)

Ended my day at the eye doctor...been three months since corneal ulcer healed. "Readers" no longer an option, I need something for distance as well...I am just "legal" to drive. Had me trial contacts last week...very nervous (contacts caused the ulcer) but I did well...think I am going to give them another try...they have to come out every night and I have a pretty cool cleaning contraption. Wearing them makes me feel like myself again...I had no idea it would make that much of a difference in how I felt.

Cool little cleaning device for contacts

My tendency is to try to rush back into life but I feel like the Lord is telling me to slow down...not so fast...look to me...I will guide you. I am praying for wisdom and continued contentment...I know he is directing my path.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you"
Psalm 32:8

1 comment:

Trisha said...

So many little things in life that make such a difference, Maryann. A corneal ulcer? I'm so sorry that you've had to battle that on top of everything else. I wear contacts, too, and haven't ever thought of that risk.

I'm glad work was better and that you feel you're getting back to some kind of normal. The gardening sounds like wonderful therapy! What a blessing that you can still drive, too.

Keep a quiet heart, my dear sister. God's grace is so sufficient. And I love how you always end your posts with Scripture!