header

header

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easing Back into Life


I am beginning to realize things are going to be a little slow for a awhile. I had this idea on how things should progress, you set a goal with a time frame, work towards that goal and voila...everything back to normal. Thought I was being realistic, six weeks following surgery, that should do it...right? I am at week five and am no where near where I thought I would be. I am learning to let go...it's a process, one of the hardest things I have had to learn through this whole thing is to let others do for me. Much easier to be on the giving end instead of the receiving end...very humbling.

I continue to have people helping me...a sweet friend  came over and weeded my garden the other day, simple thing but such a blessing. I continue to have a friend who is doing my laundry and we have only recently finished all the meals the ladies had prepared for us after my surgery.(When food was brought over, there was always more than enough, we would put a portion in the freezer for later use.) God is so kind in putting these precious people in our lives. I am so very thankful.

Progress is slow but it is progress. I continue to increase my household activities and errands and God is giving me wisdom as I go through my day. When the anchor goes down, I stop no matter what my plans might have been. Contentment, it's a struggle sometimes...my life looks a lot different than it did eight months ago.(that's not necessarily a bad thing) There are days when I wish I had more energy...trying to remember this is just a season...this too shall pass...praying for contentment.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul"  Psalm 143:8

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Maryann,
I can't begin to imagine how hard things are right now....wanting to move at a faster pace and yet knowing that's not God's plan right now. May you know much peace as you rest in the place He has you. May God bless you with renewed strength as you fix your eyes on Him and not your circumstances. I'm reading such a wonderful book by a Puritan author, Jeremiah Burroughs. It's called The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment. I'd also recommend Nancy Leigh DeMoss's Choosing Gratitude book.

I'm praying for you!