header

header

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Battle

The last 24 hours have been a battle, a battle for peace. I am physically exhausted, weeks of too little sleep, dealing with all the details of diagnosis (appointments, tests etc) Fragile emotionally, think this goes hand in hand with being so tired. God showing his love for me through the many kindnesses of friends. Not a day goes by when we are not loved by someone. Recieved a basket full of little gifts to open after surgery from a coworker today, overwhelming, I'm so easily reduced to tears. Another friend  reminded me today to speak God's truth to my heart so that my head does not rule the day. Head has been ruling the day! I will try to get some rest tonight, the doctor gave me something for sleep, think I will use it. You can't do battle when you are physically drained.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal.
Praying tomorrow will be a better day :)

No comments: