header

header

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Unsung Hero

Thankful for my sweet husband who has been my biggest support through this. He has been with me at every doctors appointment, waited hours in waiting rooms while testing and surgery done. Prays with me when I am fearful, points me to the truth of God's word. Stayed strong for me even though I knew there were times he would be fearful himself. I know it has been hard for him. So thanks to my love of 35 years, thanks for the multiple sushi meals, because there were times that's all I wanted to eat, thanks for my beautiful bedroom floor, for the pansies, so we could have fall color, for letting me cry when I needed to, for encouraging me, for being my protector, my advocate. Now that surgery is behind me he continues to help in practical ways, helped  me with the drains when they were in, continues to help me get dressed. He has slept in the recliner next to me when I could not sleep in the bed, just so we could be together. He does whatever I need him to do. He does not complain. He is my hero, an example to me. We were supposed to be on an anniversary trip this week,  with the cancer diagnosis it had to be rescheduled. When we finally make the trip, hopefully in January, there will be more than 35years together to celebrate. We will celebrate getting thru a cancer diagnosis as well.

No comments: