header

header

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Garden Lady

Beginning of a long weekend, seeing that it was wise to stay close to home. Busy day, running errands, seeing grandkids. Spent most of the afternoon in my garden. Long hot dry summer and breast cancer diagnosis has taken it's toil on my garden, it's so neglected. I bought some mums yesterday and lots of pansies. They will do well all winter long here. I also planted some bulbs for some nice little surprises in the spring. I just love watching bulbs pop out of the ground, it means winter is almost over. So my front entryway looks nice, cheery with lots of color. Have some pots in the back that I would like to fill as well. Pretty clear though, that I will not get everything done. My vegtable garden will probably not get turned under, the fall garden never happened, weeding, probably not. Again it's that letting go piece that is so hard. It's going to be very difficult to just sit back and let others take care of things for awhile, or to just let it go. I have already been told there will be no pushing, pulling, driving or lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk for a month. UGH!  Still trying to figure out how I am going to use my laptop, think it's heavier than eight pounds. Hubby working on bedroom, almost done, only baseboards left to finish. It's beautiful and will be a lovely place to recover. He has worked so hard on it for me :) I continue to find great peace in yesterdays scripture, Isaiah 41:10, has been a turning point for me. Church tomorrow then who knows, promises to be another beautiful fall day.

No comments: