header

header

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Ready

Feeling better than I have been. Last two nights I have actually slept more than 4-5 hours, makes a big difference. Work is winding down. Friday is my normal day off, I had requested Monday off, even before I knew I was having surgery (long holiday weekend) so Tuesday will be my last day for awhile. Visit with the plastic surgeon today, consents signed, preop instructions given, lab and EKG done. The reality of it all is really hitting me. I continue to battle fear, although God's word is winning out most of the time. Went to care group last night, such a sweet group. Continued discussion on Sunday's sermon, which was on our "storms" I need to keep hearing again and again that Jesus is with me in this storm, he is in the boat, he rules over this storm. Thankfully I have people in my life who are doing just that, reminding me. I am  amazed at how God has changed our circumstances so that we can have the support that we do.One of our pastosr told us he believed the "Lord had plowed the ground ahead of us" and I believe that to be true.  We have decided to stay close to home this weekend. Time to tend to my garden a little, maybe plant some pansies. Gardening isn't work for me, it's very therapuetic, I love to see things grow and change through the seasons. A new friend in our care group is also a garden lady, we talk the same language, I love it. Just another example of God's kindness in my life.

No comments: