header

header

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ready Set Go

The waiting is so hard. This reminds me of when Mike was getting ready to go out to sea and you really wanted to savor every minute that he was home before he left, dreading the morning he was going to leave, not wanting to go to bed because morning would get there too quickly On the other hand you kind of wanted him to leave already so you could start looking forward to him coming back. That's kind of how this is feeling. Dreading the morning but on the other hand, lets get this done already.
Went to work this morning, realized it was a waste. I did set up my FMLA, transferred case load, talked to payroll about time etc.Then my coworkers came over with a basket with various items to use during my recovery. Each person had gotten something, enclosed a card and put it into the basket.It was all wrapped with cellophane and a bow.  It was so perfect and overwhelming, plenty of tissues were needed. I could not even open it up at work, When I went home and took it apart I just sobbed. Who am I that these folks would do this for me? There were throws, books, journals, a fleece jacket, anything you could think of that you might make recovery a little nicer, and such sweet cards. I even had one lady put in a coupon for two "southern style" comfort meals whenever I wanted them. After that I realized I just needed to go home. God has been so kind to us through this. His love for us so apparent. Sweet husband was home, he had made some soup, cleaned out the rest of dead stuff in the garden. Later that afternoon we had a visit from three of the pastors, to just talk and pray with us before tomorrow. Again my heart is so full emotionally because of the love and care we are receiving. The Lord has certainly provided for us. I can't say that I am not nervous, I am, but I know he will be with me guiding the surgeons hand. That there will be people praying, lifting us up. I am not alone in this.
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, he is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I will trust"   Psalm 91:1-2

No comments: