header

header

Saturday, October 23, 2010

On our own

 My friend left early this morning. I was sad to see her go but anxious for her to get back to her husband. Her presence in the home made this first week post-op so much easier for both myself and my husband. While I spent my days on the recliner, she cooked, did laundry, cleaned and generally helped take care of me. I don't think she will really know how much help she was to us, especially those first few days when we were kind of shelled shocked after the hospital stay. I am getting better physically each day. Have been able to sleep in the bed for the last two nights without having to come downstairs midway to sleep in recliner. Appetite is slowly improving and we even took a little walk to the end of the street and back. I continue to nap during the day but figured my body is in repair mode so am giving myself permission. I still sleep thru part of most movies I try to watch. I have begun to do some range of motion excersises with my arms to help mobility, it's going to be a slow process, still have pain.
Have begun again to be able to get back in the Word. First week was hard, too hard to concentrate. Friend would read scripture, or I would listen a little on my IPod but it was hard. My husband and I talked again today about God's purposes in trials. Still believe there is much for us to learn. Read something today from a book called:
 When Life Is Hard by James McDonald
  " if life is especially hard right now, my word for you is this, Don't waste it! Don't go through these hard times and then, at the end, not even see the purpose for it or get the good God intended for you. Open your life wide to what God wants to accomplish in you"
So that is my continued prayer, that I don't waste this trial. What a pity if I came out of it no different. This cancer has been an interruption in my life but maybe I needed to be interrupted. It has been a wake up call for our family. So I pray that I will be sensitive to the Lord's leading at this time, to see what he wants me to see, to be changed.

"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.  Job 23:10

No comments: